WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR OLD MAKEUP PACKAGING

If you’re anything like me, then you are drawn to makeup with pretty packaging. My favourite brand, Lime Crime, always goes above and beyond with their packaging. It’s stunning and I just can’t bring myself to throw it away. Because I’m about to move I’ve been going through my things, figuring out what to keep and what to throw out and I found my giant box of makeup packaging. I knew that I couldn’t bring a giant box of cardboard to our new house so I had to figure out what to do with it all.

I decided to cut them all up and create a collage and frame it! These brands spend a lot of time creating this amazing packaging and honestly some of them are just too pretty to just throw in the garbage. I absolutely love how my pieces came out and had to share incase anyone else is a hoarder like me.

All you have to do is cut up the boxes (recycle the bits that can’t be used like barcodes, ingredients lists, ect). Then glue the flat pieces to some paper that will fit the frames. It took me a really long time to cut them all up, but I was able to make four pictures! Two are A4 size and two are A3 size and I still have a lot left over, so I’ll probably be able to make 2-3 more! I had a lot of fun making these. They’re really easy and calming to do while I watched a show or listened to a podcast. These will be going up on the wall around my makeup desk in my new house.

Here is a photo of one of the finished frames! I didn’t hang it on the wall because I’d just have to take it down again, but I will definitely post a photo of my makeup desk and the frames on the wall of my new house once I’ve settled in, so keep an eye out on my instagram for that!

Let me know if you’re also a makeup hoarder and if you have ever done this! I’d love to see your creations.

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

17 Comments

1. Reply

Keziah

26/04/2018

The *collage very very pretty!

2. Reply

Keziah

26/04/2018

The village turned out great and I’m thinking of doing this with my skincare products I am a skincare boarder lol.

Kayla Arnold

26/04/2018

You should!! I’d love to see how it looks! x

3. Reply

Sian

25/04/2018

I love this is such a cool idea!! The collage looks amazing πŸ˜€

Kayla Arnold

25/04/2018

Thank you so much!

4. Reply

Carly Thompson

25/04/2018

I agree with you, Lime Crime’s packaging is amazing! I’ve never thought of creating something like this, but it looks amazing! It would be a great feature for flat lays, etc, too!

Carly xx // http://www.prettystyleofliving.wordpress.com

Kayla Arnold

25/04/2018

Thank you!

5. Reply

Becca

25/04/2018

This is such a brilliant idea! I’m always hoarding packaging! X

Kayla Arnold

25/04/2018

Thank you!

6. Reply

Erika

23/04/2018

I absolutely love this idea. I would never have thought of something like this.

Kayla Arnold

24/04/2018

I really love how they came out! x

7. Reply

Sonam

23/04/2018

This is such a brilliant idea, I have the same problem with throwing out makeup packaging, so I just have a little box with little packaging for no reason. But this is definitely a more productive!

Kayla Arnold

23/04/2018

Thank you! You should do this!! x

8. Reply

kris

21/04/2018

ahhh I love this idea!!! Sometimes the packaging really is too goo to toss!

Kayla Arnold

22/04/2018

Thank you!

9. Reply

Hebah

21/04/2018

Oh. My. Gosh. This is an INCREDIBLE idea – you’re so right, some of the packaging is too pretty to throw away. This looks amazing Kayla – so creative! x

Kayla Arnold

21/04/2018

Thank you so much! I’m really happy with how it came out!