I honestly can’t believe it is almost Easter! This year really is going by super fast. It kind of feels like we’re skipping Easter this year, mainly because I didn’t decorate the house like I usually do, but also because I haven’t really been baking much lately. I don’t think I’ve done any baking since my husbands birthday at the start of the year! I didn’t want to skip doing an Easter post, so I made something that I haven’t made in the longest time; Brownies!
We absolutely love brownies but we haven’t had them in the longest time so I was really looking forward to making them. I used my classic brownie recipe and then added fun easter decorations on top.
- 200g of dark cooking chocolate
- 250g of butter (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 55g butter (soft)
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla
- ⅛ cup of milk
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line a deep baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a medium heat on the stove. Keep and eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Combine the brown sugar and and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Once the chocolate and butter mix has cooled a little, add it to the large bowl and mix.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
- Pour evenly in your baking tray and bake for about 40 minutes.
While your brownies are cooking you can make your frosting. Add all frosting ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
My husband also made a fun Easter treat; Easter Bark! If you want a quick and easy Easter treat that everyone will love, you should check out his post here.
I hope you don’t mind this post being short. I’ve been super busy lately so I haven’t had much time to plan blog posts. Hopefully I’ll be back to my regular posting schedule soon.
Have a great Easter, and if you don’t celebrate, I hope you have a great long weekend!