I really struggle eating breakfast in the morning so I’ve been trying a lot of new things to help me get used to breakfast. I tried having smoothies, and although I love them, measuring out everything early in the morning is really annoying. I knew I wanted something that was no effort but would fill me up and give me the energy I need for the day. I had wanted to make myself some muesli bars for a while and I’ve been making up a few recipes for a while now and I’m finally happy with how they are. You can make them in bulk and then store them in a container in your fridge and it makes your mornings so much easier!
My favourite ones that I’ve made are the hazelnut ones (because thats my favourite nut) but the beauty of these is you can add literally anything you want! I’ve made almond ones also which are also delicious, but I thought I’d just share one today. I’m so sorry if you have nut allergies and this post isn’t helpful for you. Hopefully in the future I can share something for you!
- 2 Cups of Rolled Oats (toasted)
- 1 Cup of Hazelnuts (toasted)
- 1 Tablespoon of Nut Butter (Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, ect)
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- Any Extras (Flax Seed, Cacao Nibs, Chia Seeds, Cornflakes, ect)
- Place rolled oats and hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast for 5-7 minutes
- Melt nut butter, coconut oil and honey together
- Add everything into a mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Empty everything out into a baking pan and pop it in your fridge to set
- Once set, chop it into bars and enjoy
These really have helped me eat in the morning. They’re also great to just grab when you’re running late and eat in the car (which I have done). I just really love how easy these are to make and how versatile they can be. You really can just chuck anything in and it will be great.
Sorry for having this post go up a few days late, the blog post I planned to do didn’t work out, so I thought I’d share these and keep working on that other post and share that in the future!