Autumn is here for a lot of you, and even though it’s Spring here I can’t help getting in the fall mood! I absolutely love pumpkin spice everything so I thought I’d make some cakes. When I explained them to my husband he called them Pumpkin Spice Wreathes and I absolutely loved it so that’s what I’m calling them!
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 225g of pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¾ cup of icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat your oven to 160℃ and prep your bundt pan
- Boil and mash your pumpkin and let it cool (ignore this step if you are using pumpkin from a can)
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and vegetable oil with an electric mixer on a medium speed
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg
- Add the pumpkin and let the mixer run on a medium speed while you mix your dry ingredients
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- On a low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix together until it is fully incorporated
- Spoon your mix evenly into your bundt pan and pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until it is browning around the edges
- Let them cool before adding a glaze
- Mix them all together in a bowl making sure there are no lumps
- Drizzle the glaze over the top and enjoy!
If you try these, I really hope you like them and I would love to see pictures. Send me photos on Twitter!
Thank you for reading!