Recipes

BLACKBERRY AND OAT MINI LOAVES

19/01/2017

After going berry picking last week Jason and I have been baking a lot of yummy berry based treats! Jason made Raspberry and White Chocolate muffins, which you can see over on his blog, and I have made these incredible Blackberry and Oat mini loaves!

I was searching on Pinterest for some recipes so I could do some baking and I found this Blueberry Oatmeal Bread recipe by Cherished Bliss and I thought if I made a few little changes it would be perfect! So here is my modified recipe!

INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup of soft butter
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 2 tsp of vanilla
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
  • 1 cup of rolled oats (plus a little extra for the top)
  • 1 cup of plain Greek yoghurt
  • 2 cups of blackberries (fresh or frozen)

METHOD

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
  2. Cream the butter and the sugar in large bowl.
  3. Add the eggs one at a time.
  4. Add the vanilla.
  5. In a smaller bowl, combine cinnamon, baking soda, flour and oats.
  6. Alternating, add the dry ingredients and the greek yoghurt to the butter and sugar mix.
  7. Fold in your berries.
  8. Grease your mini loaf pan and spoon in your mix and sprinkle oats on top.
  9. Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan before removing them.

I was able to make 12 mini loaves with this recipe.

These are so delicious! Even Archer, who is possibly the most picky child in the world, likes them! These are so simple to make and would made a really great breakfast if you’re in a hurry! I know I’ll be having one for breakfast tomorrow!

Linking up with: #TwinklyTuesday | #KCACOLS | #FoodieFriday

11 Comments

• Reply MINI PUMPKIN PIES • KAYLA LOVES 11/08/2017 at 2:56 PM

[…] sure if everyone has noticed, but a lot of my recipes lately have been minis (i.e., the mini loaves and mini carrot cupcakes). I just love making mini things because they’re easier for my son […]

• Reply Geraldine 02/02/2017 at 7:58 AM

Oh these look so good. Popping the ingredients onto my shopping list for this weekend #kcacols

• Reply Bread 28/01/2017 at 8:59 PM

I think I’ll get my wife to make these – they look amazing! #kcacols

• Reply Madeline (this Glorious Life) 28/01/2017 at 3:06 PM

Oooh these look really good! I’ve never made mini loaves before, but I’m quite tempted to go and buy a tin now so I can try it! x #KCACOLS

• Reply Becky Clark 27/01/2017 at 10:00 PM

These looks delicious. We always used to go blackberry picking as kids but it’s not something I’ve done as an adult. This is a great way to use up hand picked berries! #KCACOLS

• Reply Emma 27/01/2017 at 4:42 PM

isn’t it magical when a picky child tries something! it always makes my day haha. these sounds lovely and I really love your photo and the use of the brown paper 🙂

Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday!

• Reply Mimi Rose & Me 24/01/2017 at 11:15 PM

Oh my goodness how amazing do they look. I’m bookmarking this one. Thank you for sharing ❤️ #KCACOLS

• Reply Helen 24/01/2017 at 7:21 PM

Ooo these look and sound amazing – will certainly being giving these a go 🙂 #TwinklyTuesday

Helen x

• Reply Coombe Mill - Fiona 24/01/2017 at 12:40 PM

These look delicious and better for you than cake too #TwinklyTuesday

• Reply Carol 22/01/2017 at 12:21 PM

They look marvelous and I want one for breakfast today. #KCACOLS

• Reply Jenny (Accidental Hipster Mum) 21/01/2017 at 11:53 PM

Oh my God they look absolutely divine! I can’t help but feel mine wouldn’t look as tasty if I were to attempt them but yours look like something I’d buy from Nero!

#KCACOLS