Life

BERRY PICKING AT TURNERS BEACH BERRY PATCH

13/01/2017

I said recently that I wanted to start going out and doing more things as a family so before my sister went back to Adelaide, I knew we had to go berry picking!

We drive past this berry patch all the time and we have been saying for a few years now that we should go visit. So I finally decided that it was time for us all to go and I’m so happy we did! We all had an incredible time and got so many yummy berries! Not only are they a P.Y.O berry patch, they also have a cafe! We didn’t stop at the cafe because we didn’t have enough time, but Jason and I have decided to go back there on a date.

The first thing you see as you walk outside are the table top strawberries! There were so many huge strawberries to pick! Archer wasn’t really interested in picking any berries, but he did love running up and down all the rows.

After the strawberries they had blackberries, which we were a little disappointed in. They looked like they had all been picked so moved on to raspberries! Again, they seemed to have mostly been all picked. We asked a woman who had come from the back of the field what was down the end and she told us there were loads more berries up the back because some people don’t want to walk down there.

There were some GIANT berries up the back of the field so we loaded up our little tubs! Archer got a little tired of all the walking and decided it was time to sit so Jason took him over to the shade and sat with him under a tree while my sister and I finished filling our tubs.

We all had the best time there and I will definitely be back again next season! One of the best things about it was that their pricing was amazing! Berries can get quite expensive, but we got 3 big tubs of berries for $12 so I was extremely happy with that!

If you are ever in this part of Tasmania I would definitely suggest this as a fun little family activity. You can have lunch, pick berries and let your kids have a run around while getting them excited about fruit!

Have you ever been berry picking? This was my first time ever and I can’t wait to go again!

Berry Patch Website

Linking up with: #TwinklyTuesday | #KCACOLS

11 Comments

• Reply BLACKBERRY AND OAT MINI LOAVES • KAYLA LOVES 28/05/2017 at 12:19 PM

[…] going berry picking last week Jason and I have been baking a lot of yummy berry based treats! Jason made Raspberry and […]

• Reply Laura @ Dot Makes 4 01/02/2017 at 11:16 AM

This looks great, and what gorgeous weather!
    We pass a strawberry picking site on the way to the coast every summer. We always say we should visit, so I think we will this time!

#KCACOLS

• Reply Emma me and b make tea 25/01/2017 at 8:02 PM

this sounds so lovely. especially as it is freezing cold here in the uk. good tip about heading to the back where no one else can be bothered to walk haha!

Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday!

• Reply Becky Clark 25/01/2017 at 12:41 AM

This looks fabulous. Safe to say we won’t be picking any berries in the UK any time soon but this has got be all geared up for summer!!
    #KCACOLS

• Reply Mimi Rose & Me 24/01/2017 at 11:05 PM

I can remember going to places like this when I was a child, I have yet to go with my daughter. But we shall go this year! Great post! Those strawberries look delicious! #KCACOLS

• Reply Bread 21/01/2017 at 11:01 PM

We used to go to places like this when we were kids. Now we just grow our own! And then guard from my neighbours little girl! #kcacols

• Reply Lisa (mummascribbles) 21/01/2017 at 12:13 PM

Wow – that’s a lot of tasty looking berries. I must must take Zach in the summer as I know he’d love it! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

• Reply Ami Elizabeth 17/01/2017 at 5:14 PM

I can’t wait for Spring and Summer to come so we can head out and do activities like this. You can’t beat freshly picked berries!

• Reply Zoe and Mia Lau 17/01/2017 at 3:58 PM

so jealous of all the beautiful berries and the beautiful weather! would love to whip up something delicious with those berries!
    Growing up in the city in HK never got to do things like this, but this past Christmas our family went to Korea and we went strawberry picking, it was so fun!
    Tasmania looks gorgeous too have to visit there someday!

• Reply Coombe Mill - Fiona 17/01/2017 at 8:32 AM

This is a favourite thing of ours to do in summer, you make me yearn for lovely summer days again. #TwinklyTuesday

• Reply Fresh Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins | tassiedad 15/01/2017 at 9:32 AM

[…] day, with an amazing little cafe heaps of local produce! For more pics and info, head over to KaylaLoves’ post about […]